Monday, February 11, 2008

Powering the point!
This was one of the few times I have done anything with PowerPoint. I was really impressed with how simple it was to start and get running. I didn’t realize really how simple it was to build and display a program in such a short time. There a several different formats to follow to kind of set the tone of your presentation and gear it accordingly to the audience you are trying to reach. A person can add pictures and paste them into your program to spice it up. References can be used within the program to allow you to click on it and go to the site while during the program. That is convenient. A person doesn’t have to flip back and forth from document to document.
I think this is a great tool for a teacher to use in the classroom and use for all sorts of occasions. For example a class could do a project using the PowerPoint and really have an outstanding way to us sources and information to really entertain the rest of the class.

2 comments:

tbritt said...

I too have hardly ever had much experience with power point. It was nice to see the program put to use for more than just speeches.

Marcy said...

I have had lots of experience using PowerPoint but I still find something new every now and then. I think it is so amazing that I am teaching my fourth grade class to put together simple powerpoint presentations. WOW!! I never even heard of PowerPoint until I was in high school. This just goes to show how technology is implemented at such an early age. Just imagine where it will be when those fourth graders are in college.